• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Flickering light bulbs with 3D glasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 174041
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174041

I've had to re-position our living room lamps so they dont reflect off the plasma screen but now because the lamps are in my field of view I notice a very slight flickering effect.

Will LED bulbs eliminate this? I currently have energy bulbs.

mjbtin

Dont know if leds would work,it is a drawback of active tech I never watch 3D during the day for that reason.
Evening viewing for both 2D and 3D I just have the tv back/bias lit this stops unwanted reflections onscreen and is also much easier on the eyes:smashin:

Regards Martin

D

Deleted member 174041

mjbtin said:
Dont know if leds would work,it is a drawback of active tech I never watch 3D during the day for that reason.
Evening viewing for both 2D and 3D I just have the tv back/bias lit this stops unwanted reflections onscreen and is also much easier on the eyes:smashin:

Regards Martin

Yeh we do most of out tv viewing at night but dont always want a black room, can strain my eyes. Ill just have to get some and give it a go : )

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom