1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flickering image ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shabbyroad, Feb 4, 2001.

1. shabbyroad

shabbyroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    using either my dvd player or vhs player I notice that the image flickers - as if it's playing a really slow frame-rate. Puzzling. This only started a few days ago and I'm at a loss to understand what's going on.
    When the player is in no-disc mode it displays a black background with a blue and white dvd logo in the centre of the screen -it is even noticeable then. Movie playback is, unwatchable, IMHO (though the kids don't seem to mind).

Suggestions?

------------------
    visit Shabbyroad Records, Dublin, Ireland http://www.shabbyroad.com

2. shabbyroad

shabbyroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    back tracking through the system setup I realised that the biggest change to have occured was the addition of the co-ax feed to the vcr (that takes the signal from an active splitter in my attic providing sky digital sat dish + ntl cable feed to the whole house). Soon as I disconnected it the problem was gone. the earth/ground connection seems to be the problem.

I've encountered earth loops in recording studios. So I guess this is a similar problem.
    Any suggestions on how to fix ? lift the earth on my vcr mains plug ?

------------------
    visit Shabbyroad Records, Dublin, Ireland http://www.shabbyroad.com

3. DaBuzz

DaBuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem with my TV but only on 60Hz. Whenever any Kitchen equiptment is in use then my TV would flicker, when it was turned off it would go away.

My AV systen is in my bedroom and is linked to the same Main fuse as my kitchen. It seems that the stuff seems to put too much drain on the fuse. I am getting somebody out to rewire my bedroom to its own fuse on the fusebox, this way it should work out ok. Lets hope its not a too big job rewiring my room to its own fuse!

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Try snipping pin19 on the TV end of the scart lead from the dvd player.