1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flicker...please help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by David Bier, Feb 25, 2002.

1. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get a flicker on my Panasonic TX-W28R4, but only when watching 4:3 NTSC DVDs. Anamorphic DVDs in PAL and NTSC are fine, as are 4:3 PAL DVDs.

Is this likely to be a problem with the TV, or with my Sony DVP-S325 player?

One you see the flicker, it's impossible to concentrate on the actual content and 'The Blue Planet' is being ruined!

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a panasonic 4;3 tv a few years ago. when i watched usa discs or videos the sides of the screen used to flash (high brightness/low brightness) This was a common fault on panny tvs. My last 2 pannys did not have this problem though. Dont know if this is the same problem you have but i thought id mentiuon it. If it is the same fault then it is definately your tv and not the dvd player

3. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, it's a 16:9 TV. The problem is when I watch 4:3 NTSC content. Doesn't happen with anamorphic stuff. I'm going to try and persuade a friend to bring his DVD player round and see if it still happens