1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flicker /picture jump problem with plv-30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fatrich, Jul 11, 2001.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    can any of you guys figure this one out, when viewing dvd/ plv-30 via component lead great no problems but however when i use my iscan unit the picture jumps and flickers no matter if it's pal or ntsc material.One minute the picture is there then for a split second the picture goes off and all you see is the blue back ground screen.Could the output lead from the iscan be the culprate it's vga - component but it has bnc plugs at the ends that have had rca ends twisted in.
    This does greatly upset my viewing and would be very greatful is some one could help.

thanks
    fatrich

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I managed to have a home demonstration of the ISCAN PRO with the PLV30.

My short demonstration showed little if any lyp-synching ( would like to test a bit more ) and a nice picture enhancement.

BUT - certain times the blue screen would come in like you say you are seeing ( try the opening first five minutes in Toy Story 2 and also in Contact I think around chapter 7 )

I don't know if its SANYO or ISCAN PRO problem however.

I am keeping in touch with my dealer to see if the problem can be solved. If so this could be a good upgrade for PAL progressive and the Sanyo certainly benefits from it.

I have a Skyworth DVD player which does the same thing as the ISCAN PRO.

The picture is improved by bringing out all the detail and it also seems to enhance the colours. Couple this with slightly de-focusing the Sanyo and you have a very good picture indeed. I only try component output.

Comparing the Skyworth sound to the Sony DVD 7700 player and I have noticed the Sony seems to output better sound. I think this is because the Sony has options for sound filter adjustments and the Skyworth does not.

I use the Skyworth now for watching films though and for the £300 pounds it cost me I am quite happy with it.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The blue screen syndrome is caused by a loss of sync in the sugnal causing the projector to go to "what's plugged in to me mode" until it regains sync.

The flickering sounds like a fault. Sorry but don't know which device is causing it.

The "blue screen" thing is being investigated by Owl I believe.

Gordon