Flicker issue when playing UHD content through ultra hd player

Chress

Novice Member
Hi all

First time posting on the forum, I am having an issue I am hoping a wiser person than I can help with!

The issue:
Playing content via the UHD player is causing flicker issue on the right hand half of the screen (left hand side is perfectly fine and it’s directly from the centre to whole right hand side where there is an problem) At first I thought the issue was due to play back in Dolby Vision, after switching the DV playback mode off on the player it seemed to resolve by forcing it to select HDR 10 but I have now noticed if I change the picture mode in the TV to anything other than Game, Cinema or the Technicolour HDR setting I get exactly the same problem.

This issue just seems to have started happening, I have played Dolby Vision content from the player before without issue however trying a disk I have played back before the issue is present.

I have no such issues playing Dolby Vision of HDR 10 content via the apps (Netflix, Disney+) in any picture mode.

I am wondering if the issue is with the hdmi cables I am using, but not completely sure Was wondering if anyone has ever encountered a similar issue and if they discovered the root cause of the problem!

I have an LG C7 tv connected to a Panasonic DP-UB820 player via a Denon AVR -X220W.
The TV is connected to the AVR via the Arc ports and the UHD player via the Blue Ray port on the AVR.

Kind Regards

Chris

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Process of elimination. First port of call should be to ensure your settings are correct. If Cinema is fine and another mode is not, maybe there’s a difference there? Ambient sensor or dynamic contrast may be on by accident.

With that out the way...

Connect UHD player direct to the TV, if the problem still persists, try a different port on the TV, if it’s still an issue then try swapping cables.

If you have a Xbox One X, Xbox Series, PS4 Pro or PS5, these 4K compatible games consoles come with a suitable HDMI cable, so you could try one of these if you suspect cabling to be the root cause.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom