Flexraid

toastedone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at flexraid, and would like to ask a few question from people in the know, I currently have 3 hdd's installed, One with the OS on (WHS2011) and 2 x 1TB drives for storage, I would like the 2 TB drives to show as 1 drive and i believe i can do this with flexraid, The questions i have are.....

1. If i use flexraid will i lose existing data on the drives?

2. Can i add another drive to the pool as and when i buy one?

3. how safe is it?

I have been looking at flexraid, and would like to ask a few question from people in the know, I currently have 3 hdd's installed, One with the OS on (WHS2011) and 2 x 1TB drives for storage, I would like the 2 TB drives to show as 1 drive and i believe i can do this with flexraid, The questions i have are.....

1. If i use flexraid will i lose existing data on the drives?

2. Can i add another drive to the pool as and when i buy one?

3. how safe is it?

1. No Flexraid will keep your existing data
2. Yes
3. As safe as any raid system, however Raid is not a substitute for a backup

The options for configuration with Flexraid are many and varied but a simple drive pool and snapshot raid config is very easy to do just follow the guide in the wiki.

As you only have the 2 drives you would be better off just using the drive pool feature without raid

Thanks.

How can i pool drives without raid? I have been trying but seems i need a drive as PPU.

in the configuration screen select Expert and Storage Pool Only, if you have selected Cruise Control it automatically makes a config for Storage Pool and Raid

Again thanks, I did it through expert, now i see the two drives pooled with a new drive letter, but i also see the 2 drives i pooled, i thought i should only see the one.

I pooled E drive and F drive and called it S drive, now in explorer i See E F And S, is that correct?

All sorted now thanks

Anyone got a link to the latest 2.0 build? Both openegg.org and flexraid.com are down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom