Flexibility in T-Mobile stores re prices (Compact III)?

TraceyJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much flexibility T-Mobile stores have with their prices please? I'm hoping to buy a Compact III CoPilot on the Flext 20 + web 'n' walk plan. It's showing as £139.99 on the website and I'm just wondering if it's worth going to a store for any discount (not been a T-Mobile customer for a long time) or if I should save time and just buy online.

Also, if I was to sign up for a higher plan in order to get the phone free (eg Flext 50), is there a minimum term I have to stay on this plan or could I change to a lower one in due course?

Apologies if these are daft questions :cool:

Thanks if you can help :thumbsup:

You say you have not been a T-Mob customer for long. So you are already one, and you are planning to upgrade?
If so, ring 150 and haggle them.

And I think after 12 months into the contract, you can change (but ask first!!!!). Remember, the contract is 18 monts long.

Thanks Ash, sorry I badly worded the sentence! I meant it's been a number of years since I was a t-mobile customer so I don't have any room for negotiation there.

The prices in the past normally have been the same as those through their call centre. I haven't checked recently though whether things have changed!

You can move up a tariff at any time, but you can only move down a tariff after 9 months on an 18 month contract.

If you buy it from a store and take out insurance (you can cancel within 14 days and not have to pay a penny), then there's more room for negotiation, but still expect to pay something for the handset considering the tariff you're going for.

However, if you go for Flext 25 or even Flext 30, the price of the handset will be less, and they have an offer at the moment where you get £5 off your monthly line rental so you'll only be paying £20/£25 per month (not including WnW) :)

the stores can discount if they want to. I often will discount something from the actual price if it helps close the sale. Dont expect to get it free though. The stores are still a business and would be no point discounting so much they lost money on the contract. But yea, go in there and ask if they will beat the deal from the web. Id be surprised if they dont at least take something off the price.

You can move up a tariff at any time, but you can only move down a tariff after 9 months on an 18 month contract.

If you buy it from a store and take out insurance (you can cancel within 14 days and not have to pay a penny), then there's more room for negotiation, but still expect to pay something for the handset considering the tariff you're going for.

However, if you go for Flext 25 or even Flext 30, the price of the handset will be less, and they have an offer at the moment where you get £5 off your monthly line rental so you'll only be paying £20/£25 per month (not including WnW) :)
on flext you can move down after 6 months. The £5 off deal ends on the 30th when a new, (pretty good i think), promo is due to start

i just got a Vario II on flext 25 plus WebnWalk.

handset originally priced at £120 on that contract at £27.50 p/month. got it down to £40 for the handset by playing CPW and tmobile shop against each other. CPW were £32.50 p/month for the same tarrif.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom