Flatville Aces

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by HMHB, Aug 21, 2004.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,809
    As well as being into Metal and Punk mainly, I do like all sorts of music, including a Cajun band that I don't think exists any more called Flatville Aces. As far as I know they were from Southampton (the deep south of England!!) and I only have 3 tracks that I recorded some time ago from an Andy Kershaw show. Does anyone know where I could buy some of their stuff on CD ?

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Wow, I remember I engineered sound for them a couple of times, nice guys, very laid back. Cajan Dance evenings near Hurn Airport. Took a young lady along, and I had to have a dance myself by the end of the evening very cool infectious music!

A quick google search has brought a lot of Cajun Forums as well a a gig list for the band! Yes they are still going it seems.

Some of the google hits also mention my current favourite - folk artist Kate Rusby. She's got one of the best voices I have ever heard, a Barnsley babe too! She's on BBC4 next friday: from TVTV.co.uk:

Sidmouth Folk Festival
    Eliza Carthy celebrates 50 years of the Sidmouth International Folk Festival. A stellar line-up featuring established icons alongside today's stars includes Kate Rusby, John McCusker, The Waterson Family, Danu, Steeleye Span and Spiers and Boden
    Sidmouth Folk Festival - Folk-Music And Arts
    Friday, 27.08.2004 Start Time: 21.00 End Time: 22.00

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,809
    I'll do a bit more searching on Google then. Ideally I'd like to buy some of their stuff in CD format if it's available.