Flats from above

almightygoodgod

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This is a residential building in the Prince Edward district of Hong Kong. Many of the flats in this building actually comprise of cage homes that you can read about here, it really is quite a depressing read.

7554190376_5d21e1a828_b.jpg

Photograph has been cropped and the colour adjusted slightly.

D40x
55mm
1/200
f/7.1

Original posted as per the rules.

EDIT: My last entry from Hong Kong and my last entry with my trusty D40x. Moving onto pastures new next week and treating myself to a new D7000 to celebrate.

Last edited:
Nice entry - fits the theme well - and jeez that article is indeed sad and depressing but thanks for sharing :)

Where you off to now then ?

Jim

Last edited:
Cheers.

Going to give Singapore a try this time. Just signed a three year contract over there.

Good luck - looking forwrad to seeing some shots of your "New Habitat" :)

Eeeek, I think my vertigo just kicked in. Nice shot and right on theme, I like it :thumbsup:

You'll love Singapore. My wife's from there and we try to get back once a year to visit her family. Lots of interesting architecture to take shots of and they're continually taking old places down and rebuilding. Plus it's a good central hub for SE Asia, with Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc. just short hops away. Good luck and if you need any advice on anything Singaporean, just ask :smashin:

Darren

Something you don't often see in normal daily life. I'm too depressed at the moment to read something that makes me even more so, but I can just imagine the life in there. Emotionally strong shot, and surely fits the theme.

Eeeek, I think my vertigo just kicked in. Nice shot and right on theme, I like it :thumbsup:

You'll love Singapore. My wife's from there and we try to get back once a year to visit her family. Lots of interesting architecture to take shots of and they're continually taking old places down and rebuilding. Plus it's a good central hub for SE Asia, with Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc. just short hops away. Good luck and if you need any advice on anything Singaporean, just ask :smashin:

Darren

Yeah some of the buildings are fantastic. I don't think the skyline can compete with Hong Kong but the individual buildings are far more interesting than those in Hong Kong. My particular favourite is the Marina Bay Sands, looks like a ship got stranded up there!

Makes you grateful for what you have, stunningly detailed shot :smashin:

Cheers!

Something you don't often see in normal daily life. I'm too depressed at the moment to read something that makes me even more so, but I can just imagine the life in there. Emotionally strong shot, and surely fits the theme.

Thank you.

Unfortunately it is something that is not likely to change, HK has the biggest rich poor divide in Asia, which is really saying something!

Took it from the balcony of a friend's place, 30th floor.

Got my d7000 yesterday, quickly got home with it to discover for some reason my wife had all four of our SD cards with her on a day out meaning I couldn't try it out!

Love the level of detail visible. Is the 'spiderwebby' look on parts of the rooftop from power cables?

I would think so, the buildings are very old and many of the rooms may not have had power originally.

Certainly on theme, a little too busy for my liking but still a cracking shot.

KH

Ha ha, certainly is busy! Just be glad you don't live there!

Original received and exif all OK :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom