Flatliners (1990) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 01/08/2022

Flatliners_4K.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original negative, approved by director of photography Jan de Bont
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 surround soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Bryan Reesman and Max Evry
  • The Conquest of our Generation, a brand new video interview with screenwriter Peter Filardi
  • Visions of Light, a brand new video interview with director of photography Jan de Bont and chief lighting technician Edward Ayer
  • Hereafter, a brand new video interview with first assistant director John Kretchmer
  • Restoration, a brand new video interview with production designer Eugenio Zanetti and art director Larry Lundy
  • Atonement, a brand new video interview with composer James Newton Howard and orchestrator Chris Boardman
  • Dressing for Character, a brand new interview with costume designer Susan Becker
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Amanda Reyes and Peter Tonguette

Attachments

• Flatliners_4K (reverse_artwork).jpg
    Flatliners_4K (reverse_artwork).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Love this. Thanks for posting

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Decent movie. Not sure if i'll be in for an all singing and dancing release though.

At least it's the original and not the remake :D

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Its another...hmmm from me I'm afraid!

Some really bizarre choices - especially with 90s films. There's so many others that need a 4K release...

rulocal

Distinguished Member

Some really bizarre choices - especially with 90s films. There's so many others that need a 4K release...

I agree. Sent me to sleep, did this one…

rulocal

Distinguished Member
Flatlined then? ;)

Its not a bad film. Its just not a film that I think 'oh I really need that in 4K!'

I agree. i just felt compelled to make a poor joke - turned into a bit of a nightmare.

StreetBloke

I'll never understand people who post in threads to tell everyone they're not excited about a release announcement. I mean, who cares? Why bother? If I see news about a release I'm not interested in I'll just scroll past, I mean, why bother making an announcement that you don't care? So odd.

Anyway, I'm fully up for this, I love this film. Terrific visuals and cinematography, with this lovely dreamy, amber autumnal glow, combined with crazy nocturnal splashes of vivid neon, perfect for the HDR treatment.

rulocal

Distinguished Member

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member

Well not for fans of these 90's films it isn't...
I'm sure these studios will find something for you eventually Jim, hold on in there! :D

Its not a bad film. Its just not a film that I think 'oh I really need that in 4K!'

Which is fair enough, it should be quite the upgrade though for those that want it seeing as the old existing blu-ray is pretty poor by all accounts.

rulocal

Distinguished Member
I'll never understand people who post in threads to tell everyone they're not excited about a release announcement. I mean, who cares? Why bother? If I see news about a release I'm not interested in I'll just scroll past, I mean, why bother making an announcement that you don't care? So odd.

Anyway, I'm fully up for this, I love this film. Terrific visuals and cinematography, with this lovely dreamy, amber autumnal glow, combined with crazy nocturnal splashes of vivid neon, perfect for the HDR treatment.

Fair enough but I don’t see a problem with people discussing the merits of an upcoming release.

Also, and apologies for stalking your posting history, this is literally the first post you have ever made in a release announcement thread.

StreetBloke

Fair enough but I don’t see a problem with people discussing the merits of an upcoming release.

Also, and apologies for stalking your posting history, this is literally the first post you have ever made in a release announcement thread.
Well...the criteria for the 'merits' of an upcoming release appear to be confined to whether or not one likes the film, for some people. Just seems odd.

And, yes, this is the first time I've posted in this particular forum-section. I may do so again if compelled.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Well not for fans of these 90's films it isn't...
I'm sure these studios will find something for you eventually Jim, hold on in there! :D

Which is fair enough, it should be quite the upgrade though for those that want it seeing as the old existing blu-ray is pretty poor by all accounts.
Yeah its just annoying when there are other 90s films that are much more worthy of a 4K release in my opinion. Each to their own mind! :)

StreetBloke

I agree that there are many 90s films screaming out for a decent 4K release.

I am also very excited about this particular 90s movie 4K release. Although, some would argue it's more 80s than 90s. On the cusp, as it were.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Well...the criteria for the 'merits' of an upcoming release appear to be confined to whether or not one likes the film, for some people. Just seems odd.
Selfishly maybe but aye, first things first, do i like the film enough to want to buy it. That’s what comes to mind first (and is often the first post on the subject).

If not, hey ho, others will like it more (or less) and we’re all happy for them.

I bet everyone here who is a 4K fan is happy for every disc that is released on 4K disc. Even if their posts dont often convey that. For the greater good etc etc.

In my experience its like for every 10 releases announced, maybe 1-2 interest me. Tis a tad frustrating this 4K collecting business! Especially when we ain’t getting any younger :rotfl:

oaz8791

Novice Member
i waiting for my copy. pre-ordered on Amazon in May and now their saying they haven't got any in stock. am really annoyed!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom