1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat TV Co. - Not Impressed!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stellavision, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I purchased a Hitachi 42PD5200 from The Flat TV Company on Wednesday and was told it would be delivered today, Friday.
    Having not received a promised phone call of delivery confirmation I chased them up on lunch time today only to be told that it hadn't even been dispatched from the warehouse. I expressed my annoyance having booked a day off work an asked if they could push for a Monday delivery. I was told they would phone back in 5 minutes, but after an hour and a half I had still not received a reply.
    Having phoned them back up again myself I was told the tv would be delivered on Tuesday, which I cannot get off work. I got even more annoyed that they couldn't be bothered to get back to me when they said they would, and the guy on the other end seemed to not care less!!!!
    If the tv wasn't the cheapest I could find on line I would have cancelled.
    Not good first impressions on using this company! :thumbsdow
    Has anyone had any good dealings with them, or are they notorious for bad customer service?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    whats the price? and dare i ask why the hitachi?

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can, worms, open everywhere....

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    The price on the website is £2,245.00 but Kelkoo has an offer price of £2,209.00 which they honoured, plus £59 delivery.
    We had to have the hitachi because my wife insisted on having a tv with speakers attached because she wants to be able to watch Eastenders, etc without going through the amp! :rolleyes: Otherwise I would have probably gone for a Panny.
    The Hitachi seemed the most appropriate for this and having a 32PD3000 already I know I can rely on them. I went for the 5200 over the 5300 because opinion round here seems to be that the former is a little more superior than the latter.

5. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Stallavision, do you know that you can attach a pair of speakers directly to the Panny PW6 without the need for an AV amp?, it has a built in stereo amp,

Spook

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    good price.......... pity about the service, I do actually like hitachis but with panny being so stupidly cheap they are harder to justify..... however 37PE30 for £2200 with DVD-R and floorstand is very very very good VFM..........

7. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I didn't realize the Panny 6 could have speakers directly attached to it! :confused:
    Oh well, I know the Hitachi comes with all manor of inputs readily installed without the need for further expansion boards. As I have said before, I having a Hitachi already I really like them and I had a good look round the 42PD5200 at my local Currys (selling at £2700 ish!) to make judgemnent on it's quality.
    It is a shame about the service. I would'nt have minded too much in spending a little more for better service. Let's just hope it comes faultless as I dread to think what it would be like trying to send it back!
    My wife thinks I'm impatiant, but I said if someone says they'll call me in 5 minutes, then I expect a call in 5 minutes ish, and not to have to phone back myself 90 minutes later!!!!!! :nono:

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Barrie quick tip if you want an extended warranty the TADL can extend it to 3 or even 4 years total for a couple of hundred quid 3 years total is about £200 warranty available upto 3 months after puchase from av-sales IIRC well worth seeing as you saved so much!

9. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I don't normally go for extended warranties, but I will bear that in mind, thank you.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £200 on a £2k purchase is worth it as far as i can see. personally i think all domestic plasma should have 3 year warranty as standard

11. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    plasma arrived today! :clap:
    Very happy with it. :smashin:
    My wife took the day off work for me to take delivery of the tv and wall mount. She got the tv OK but was upstairs in the bathroom when the wall mount came, so they took it away and posted a card through the door!!! :mad:
    Wanted to get it on the wall tonight but the wall mount is being re-delivered tomorrow to my mother-in-laws. I shouldn't be so impatiant I suppose.