Flat speakers for PC?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mo786, Jan 11, 2012.

1. mo786

mo786

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a DELL monitor and am looking for a pair of speakers that are relativley flat that I can 'attach' to either side of the speaker.

I then want the entire mintor on a wall mount so that the monitor/speakers mvoe together. The monitor will stay at my desk nromally but the wall arm mount will allow me to move the monitor/speakers as a unit to a different position so I can watch films in my bed.

Obviously if I just move the montior then the monitor will be in one palce and the speakers elsewhere, which is not ideal.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Does anyone ahve any alternative ideas to achieve what I want?

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,952
    It depends on how much money you have to spend and what you are trying to achieve. If this is simply a nice computer speaker, for basic computer listening, that is one thing, but if this is a serious music listening system, that is quite another.

Q Acoustic makes a speaker system similar to what you describe -

Superfi - Q ACOUSTICS QTV2 DISCREET 2.1 HOME CINEMA SPEAKER SYSTEM

Note the 'subwoofer' attaches to the back of the monitor and probably interferes with the TV mounting bracket holes. But I suspect the 'Sub' could be mounted somewhere else.

If you scroll down on the page linked to above, you will see that Q Acoustic makes a wall mount bracket specifically to be used with the Q Acoustic QTV2 system.

Superfi - Q ACOUSTICS CANTILEVER WALL BRACKET SYSTEM FOR Q-TV2 DISCREET 2.1 HOME CINEMA SPEAKER SYSTEM

If you have the money, here are some relatively shallow wall mount speakers with pretty good preformance, but they are not cheap -

Hi Fi Speakers Monitor Audio R250HD | hifix.co.uk

Home Cinema Speakers Monitor Audio R225HD | hifix.co.uk

Price are EACH, not per pair.

How does either of these look relative to your intended budget?

Steve/bluewizard

3. mo786

mo786

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the response - that system looks nice but too expesnive.

TBH my budget is low - maybe 40-50 for the speakers and another 30 for the mount - max.

I know the problem will be getting the speaker at that price and it will be difficult.

My music listening is 'semi serious'. My current speakers are Creative T20s and they are good enough.

If I am spending £200+ I may as well just buy a seperate TV to go on my bedroom wall - though I wanted to avoid that as they will be relativley close to eachother (i.e one metre)