• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Flat screen TV virgin needs 40" advice...

YorkshireDave

Standard Member
We currently have a Philips 36PW9607/05 and, as far as I'm concerned, it's the bees knees due to its picture quality and awesome sound - for a TV!

Unfortunately it will shortly be going due simply to its sheer bulk :hiya: and I'll be forced to replace it with ??? Answers on a post card please!!

We watch SD tv via a basic sky package and have a reasonable collection of DVDs but no blue ray as yet. To be honest a max of 40" is all we could manage so can anyone suggest what kit I will need to buy (assume approx £1200-1500 budget) to get the same picture AND sound quality. We're not into sport viewing on tv either but do have a Wii which will be used on it.

From what i have read, I get the overriding impression that plasma is best for us and I'm drawn to Panasonic due to comments and support.

Everytime i go into a shop I get a load of flannel based on what they have in stock and want to shift rather than whats actualy right for us! So, I thought I'd ask people who can be objective... hopefully :lease:

BTW Should I consider one with FV etc built in? My thoughts are not as it's simply more to go wrong but will listen to all comments.

Last edited:

jamiev

Established Member

YorkshireDave

Standard Member
Jamie thanks for replying.

We don't have any blue ray DVDs so unless we have to, No would be the answer. Do we 'have' to?

Room gets afternoon sun and is quite bright. We have blinds so wpreviously when it got extremely bright we simply shut them.

£1200 all in - and I mean 'all in'! That would include sound too.

HTH.

David

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom