1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat screen help?????

Discussion in 'TVs' started by m_a_lord, Nov 6, 2002.

1. m_a_lord

m_a_lord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just about to buy a new 28" widescreen. The one I am thinking of getting is the SAMSUNG WS-28M64VS at £400. My actual question is though what is the difference between a pure flat screen tv, a flat tube and an FST? Also which has the best quality? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That old question again.

Pure flat screen is as it suggests completely flat. Claiming to give less reflection of light, better viewing angle and sharper picture.
    In nearly all cases this is true and would recommend getting pure flat screen. As for Samsung it has quite a good picture from what I have seen (crappy stand thou). There are definately better sets for not much more money. I have Philips 28PW6515. Also recommend you consider Sony 28LS35 and Panasonic PL1. Check prices on www.pricerunner.com

;)

3. m_a_lord

m_a_lord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help but what I need to know is the difference between flat screen and flat tube and FST. Are they all the same just different brands have different terminolgy or is a flat tube/fst not as good as a flat screen.
    Cheers.

4. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FST is flat square tube which is usually a term for 4:3 sets.
    A flat screen can really mean anything. The term you should be looking for on buying a w/s is Pure or True flat screen. If they simple say it is a flat screen it could be either. Beko sets have super-flat screens but they are not Pure or True Flat. They are slightly bowed if you know what I mean.