1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat Panel - How Big??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Faust, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Are we likely to see large screen flat panel t.v.'s in the short to medium term at an affordable price? I'm not talking large as in 42" Plasma (which of course would be nice), but 28" to 36" size wise. What if any are the limitations to size in the current generation of flat panel t.v.'s. What are the pros and cons of Plasma versus Flat Panel? Genuine responses would be nice - hope I'm not opening up a can of worms with this one.

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    That is a monsterously big question. So I just give the short answer in my opinion.

Flat screens will and are getting cheaper by the day, also better. Quality still not up to CRT standards yet (but very very good all the same) but most seem to accept the payoff/comprimsie because of the space saving/great looks of flat screen.

Your only current limitation to size I would say is your budget. If you got the cash a 77" plasma is available at about £20'000
    or a 15" LCD for £300 (rough prices).
    A 22" LCD can be had for under a grand now too.

Sorry for short answer but I think a few hours surfing the net or HCC mags will probably answer your questions better.

CH

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £2500 or less for Sharp LC30HV4E
    £1850 for JVC 26" WS LCD
    £2k for 40" Techwood plasma!!!
    I think now they are at RPTV and CRT prices for WS sets (if a bit smaller, but flat panel do have better visible screen sizes) of 5 years ago A 42 RPTV would have Cost £3k+ and You can get a panny 6 for that now!!!