flat/low mass speaker cable that ins't complete doo-doo?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to wire up my rear surrounds, which will probably be a pair of Mission Di-Pole wall mounters (either that or a pair of Mission M72 bookshelf speakers)

But I need flat or low mass cable for them, that isn't a) complete poo like boggo bell wire and b) isn't silly money either

The cables need to pass a door way on either side, the floor is laminated flooring, and it has only a very thin bead skirt around it.

Distance is probably 10-20ft either side I guess (not sure, need to measure really)

Next obstical will be to hide the cable up the wall without channeling out the walls (which I really don't want to do as I have only just moved in and cannot afford to channel em, then replaster and re-paint!)

Surely SOMEONE on here, what with all the audio buffs, must know of the sort of cable I need?

I cannot recommend any from personal use, but this looks interesting. Self adhesive backing as well so you could attach it to your skirting/door frame.

I use IXOS flat stuff myself (audiovisualonline.co.uk stock it) that cost me about £1.80 a metre and it's great for the job. It has adhesive backing and can be run under the carpet around skirtings and I've also given mine a nice coat of emulsion to hide it. Works a treat. :thumbsup:

I've just installed Nordost something or other flat cable for biamping terminated with banana plugs one end and Camcon plugs on the other end. It's completely flat, but quite wide and a bit expensive, but sounds wonderful. Too expensive foro rears, but excellent for fronts perhaps?

I'd second the Nordost call. I use Blue Heaven all round which can be picked up quite cheaply on ebay or audiogon but they have cheaper alternatives like flatline gold that would work well and are ribbon thin.

Cheers
Rob

I use IXOS flat stuff myself (audiovisualonline.co.uk stock it) that cost me about £1.80 a metre and it's great for the job. It has adhesive backing and can be run under the carpet around skirtings and I've also given mine a nice coat of emulsion to hide it. Works a treat. :thumbsup:

I used the same under my laminate flooring and it worked a treat.

Did you run your cable under carpet? I'm on the lookout for a reasonable speaker cable that will hide nicely under mine.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom