FLAT 7m HDMI cable options / recommendations...

M

ms8qt

Hello all,

I'll soon be putting down laminate flooring and will be running 3 flat speakers cables and 1 HDMI cable under it. As a result I need to find a half-decent quality FLAT 7m HDMI cable. I found the QED Qunex cable on Play.com for about £70 - this looks good but doesn't look flat by any means - damn!

So, my question is, can any of you suggest or even recommend an HDMI that is relatively flat/thin that I can run under a laminate floor?

MANY thanks in advance :)
Mark (ms8qt)

S

smallmanongn

If you are having laminate fitted why not use a router and cut a channel into the floorboards first.
The QED cable is quite thick so if you do this cut a channel in the boards right along the edge of the room where people wont be treading on them so much.

M

ms8qt

Hello,

Thanks for the response but the floor is concrete, not wood (the house is 10 years old).

Are there any HDMI cables out there that are flat(ish)? - I'm happy to buy something other than the QED cable I mentioned.

Thanks,
Mark.

S

smallmanongn

ms8qt said:
Hello,

Thanks for the response but the floor is concrete, not wood (the house is 10 years old).

Are there any HDMI cables out there that are flat(ish)? - I'm happy to buy something other than the QED cable I mentioned.

Thanks,
Mark.
Even better and easier,get a cheap angle grinder and cut a channel.
I seriously doubt you would find a very flat HDMI cable.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello ms8qt

I've not seen anything that's 'flat' as such - I'm sure they will come eventually.

One (expensive) option is to run HDMI over CAT5 - do you require Video + Audio over the CAT5 cable or just Video?

Best regards

Joe

Trending threads

Top Bottom