1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLAT 7m HDMI cable options / recommendations...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ms8qt, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ms8qt

ms8qt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I'll soon be putting down laminate flooring and will be running 3 flat speakers cables and 1 HDMI cable under it. As a result I need to find a half-decent quality FLAT 7m HDMI cable. I found the QED Qunex cable on Play.com for about £70 - this looks good but doesn't look flat by any means - damn!

So, my question is, can any of you suggest or even recommend an HDMI that is relatively flat/thin that I can run under a laminate floor?

MANY thanks in advance :)
    Mark (ms8qt)

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are having laminate fitted why not use a router and cut a channel into the floorboards first.
    The QED cable is quite thick so if you do this cut a channel in the boards right along the edge of the room where people wont be treading on them so much.

3. ms8qt

ms8qt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Thanks for the response but the floor is concrete, not wood (the house is 10 years old).

Are there any HDMI cables out there that are flat(ish)? - I'm happy to buy something other than the QED cable I mentioned.

Thanks,
    Mark.

4. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even better and easier,get a cheap angle grinder and cut a channel.
    I seriously doubt you would find a very flat HDMI cable.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,525
    Hello ms8qt

I've not seen anything that's 'flat' as such - I'm sure they will come eventually.

One (expensive) option is to run HDMI over CAT5 - do you require Video + Audio over the CAT5 cable or just Video?

Best regards

Joe