Flashing red light Sony w829

Talgo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Went to switch on the TV this morning and it just started to flash the notification strip red 3 times in a loop .. I was in a rush so just unplugged it and left.
The TV is about 6 months old and bought from currys, I will have try and find the receipt... Will it be an issue if I can't find the receipt ? They took all my details when I bought it.

Tal

Hi Tal

3 blinks i believe is power related or Board fault. Hopefully they will have records so reciept will not always be required. But this is currys we are talking about so fingers crossed.

Have you tried disconnecting all cables and plugging into a different wall socket.

Last edited:
Will try tonight .. Hopefully I will find the receipt .. And yes curry's can be bad customer support

Have you tried disconnecting all cables and plugging into a different wall socket.

Plugging into a different wall socket won't cure anything.
The set is tripping, there's an internal fault.

Plugging into a different wall socket won't cure anything.
The set is tripping, there's an internal fault.

It was more of a last resort cover all bases type of thing. Most likely what Curry's would ask the OP to try .

Reset didn't work .. Can't find receipt .. But have box with curry's label on it. Will ring them tomorrow.. Thanks guys

Well .. Contacted curry's who put me through to Sony .. Who put me thru to DBS Newcastle for repair .. Who came and took just the screen away for repair about a week ago .. It was returned today .. Good news is it does not flash red 3 times now .. Bad news is it now flashes 5 times .. Arrrrrghhh they have taken it back to the workshop with a flea in their ear !! They replaced the main PCB .. Looks like I will get a new TV now .. Also could this be power adapter related as they didn't take that and then used the original one today ...

No, it won't be power adaptor related, a repair workshop will have these to hand for repairs.

What i meant was could it be my power adapter causing the problems as they left it at my house when the repair took place and presumably used their own to test it .. Then when they pluged it in iny house they used my adapter

Well they obviously found a fault in your set if they (allegedly) replaced a pcb so I doubt your power adaptor is at fault but you never know...a decent repair company should have taken it along with the set.

So latest update is .. They have ordered a HCS2 board and will fit it then test and return asap ... ? What is this board ?

Quick update .. They could not get said board from Sony so I now have a new TV from Sony ... But only with a 3 month warranty ... I have been offered a 5 year warranty for £70 .. May be a wise move ..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom