Flashing LED

D

D-BlooD

Hi all

Is there anyone out there that have had the following problem with theyr AVR-200 and could help me to solve this problem?

The Arcam AVR-200 turns to standby mode and red light flashes. It can be playing everything from 15minutes to several hours before this happens.

I have connected for the time beeing 2 Tannoy`s Revolution R3 6omhs speakers Bi-Wired.

I have checked and tryed the following:

Disconnected all sources (Still the same problem)
Disconnected the Projector (Still the same problem)
Disconnected the Tannoy Revolution R3 speakers (The problem stops and the AVR-200 can be turned on for hours without any problem)

The speakers are set to Large.

The Impedance switch is set to 4-6 ohms.

Cables beeing used are Kimble kables 8pr wich I have check over and over againg to be sure that none of the +/- pairs havnt been swiched.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

-
D-BlooD

Is the amp well ventilated ? If the amp is overheating it will cut out.
You appear to have done the obvious things the next step would be to call Arcams customer service and see if they can help.

Yeah I just tested with my R2`s that are supposed to be fitted on the back channels and those give the same problem too.. I just wanted to lock out that the speakers are faulty.

Yeah is all well ventilated and the amp dosnt get any warm at all.

This sux ;) I gota wait until monday before I can get ahold of any people there.. ;)

Im open for any advices in the meentime.. :)

-
D-BlooD

Testing with some other cables now just to be sure that it aint my Kimber 8pr cables causing the problem.

-
D-BlooD

The AVR-200 have now been playing without any problems for 8 hours so I guess the Kimber 8PR cables are the problems.

I have double and triple checked the Kimber cables and I cant seem to find any problem with the cables, any suggestions guyes?

I have checked with a multimeter that there aint any shortening in the cables and all the cables say 0.5 omhs. The cables have been tested as bridged on the speakers and and Bi-Wired. Everything gives the same problem. The cables are exactly 2 meters.

I`m open for suggestions :)

Thanks in advance guyes

I'd recommend contacting kimber. You haven't got any strange bends in them or something like that? No visual damage to the cable?
How about checking with the multimeter with a current. What happens if it is set to 10V for instance. I don't how a meter would react to a damaged cable with resistance settings.

There aint any visual damage to the cables and no strange bends the cables are only 2 meters.

But there is something else im suspecting probebly causing the problem, could be the WBT banana plugs I`m using http://www.wbtusa.com/wbt0644.html

I have also checked the resistance in the cables and it says 0.5 omh on each and every litle pair of cable ;) took some time to test.

Gona test the cables on the speakers later on without the banana plugs.

-
D-BlooD

Is there any of you other AVR-200 users that could tell me if the fan in the AVR-200 is supposed to run all the time or just when it get hot?

The AVR-200 stoped for me today with the other cables too when I was doing around 50db. I was just wondering if this could be a heat problem becouse the fan not hitting in..

thanks in advance :)

-
D-BlooD

The AVR-200 is going back to my dealer today! :( My friend brought hes to test the speakers and cables at my place and everything seems to work just great with hes avr-200.

:(

-
D-BlooD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom