1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing LED Problem....Sharp 26GA4E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dj_ooms, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows what a flashing power LED means on a Sharp 26GA4E? Green is supposed to be on and red is standby. There is no other mention of LED meanings. Sometimes when I start the TV up a picture refuses to display and the power LED just flashes red continuously. Pressing buttons on the remote causes another green LED to flash signifying that a signal has been received, but nothing happens and the screen continues to stay off with the power LED flashing red. The only button that seems to do something is the standby button. Pressing this causes the power LED to go green. I then hear a click and then the TV continues to remain off with the flashing red power LED. It is really annoying as the TV works fine sometimes, whereas sometimes it doesn't. I just want my TV to switch on normally when I need to use it.

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think someone else had this problem. If the TV anywhere near a heat source, ie radiator or PC ? I think the other chap had it too close to his PC and the in built protection shuts the screen down.

Richie.

3. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It also does it ( on mine at least) when it can't sync to the signal its being fed. I found this a lot during my attempts to get it to display 1080p the power LED flashes for a few seconds and then puts the set into standby.

4. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    My TV is refusing to come on now. I have been trying since yesterday evening to switch on the TV to play some XBOX but as soon as I switch on, the TV makes a click sound and appears to go into standby again with the power LED flashing red. I have rang Sharp and am waiting for them to contact me to organise for an engineer to come look at it.

5. flatpanel

flatpanel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem this evening with a brand new LC26GA3E.

I'm not sure if it was related but I found that I misconnected one of the Scart leads. Reconnected the leads correctly, switched the set of for two minutes before turning it back on - problem seems to have disappeared. Will wait to see if it recurs.

Michael

6. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Well just had a go at what you suggested. That didn't solve the problem. The TV is still refusing to come on. This is very fustrating.

7. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I am happy with the customer service that Sharp provide. I rang them yesterday morning to report my problem and an engineer came round today. Just over 24 hrs, which is quick.

Anyway the engineer has looked at the TV and said that it is a power supply problem. He does not have any parts at the moment but will order one. Hopefully the problem will be sorted before Christmas so that I can at least play some XBOX and watch a few DVDs over the long weekend.