Flashing Lamp Light on SAGEM HD-45S

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stripestripe, May 2, 2007.

1. stripestripe

stripestripe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just over a week ago, the red lamp-warning LED on the front of my SAGEM HD-45S started flashing for 10 seconds on start-up. I realise this means impending lamp failure.........

........however, after a week of doing this, it has stopped flashing and the TV looks fine!

does anyone know what triggers this warning? (is it just hours-of-operation>8000, or has the TV detected some impedence/current draw change in the lamp)??

cheers

Dave

2. devbod

devbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Its telling you the lamp has hit 7,500 hours so you have 500 left before the tv will refuse to start. Surprised its not doing it anymore but I'd still be inclined to get a replacement lamp ready.

3. RorschachUK

RorschachUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Surely the HD-D45S only went on sale in the UK a couple of years ago, could it really reach 7,500 hours in that time? That's a lot of daytime TV!

4. devbod

devbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hadnt thought of that, it does seem odd. Also odd that the 10s flashing has now stopped as you would expect it to contine for the last 500hrs. Perhaps this was just some kind of wierd intermittent fault.

5. stripestripe

stripestripe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'm now starting to think "intermittent"...... I downloaded the service manual and in an LED Diagnosis table it describes the 10sec Flashing Red as the 7500hrs indication, but also flashing red (not necessarily 10 sec) as a "Lamp problem"....

However, I think I'm going to import a bulb just in case!

6. stripestripe

stripestripe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bitten the bullet and bought a new lamp via ebay (100 quid) and
    bada-BING!!!! The TV is transformed! I didn't realise how dark my old picture was getting.....

In hindsight I'm a bit dissapointed that the old lamp had deteriorated in brightness so long before its 8000 hrs were up.

But the message is - if you believe your DLP is getting darker, it may well be!!!