flashing dvd !

J

joseph

i have just installed a lcd 17 inch monitor with a sony davs400 dvd player.
All seemed well untill i noticed that on bright scenes the contast seems to be going up full then down again ?
I tried a off air signal and it seems fine , it only happens when you play dvd,s any ideas ? thanks g

Sounds like Macrovision is breaking into your picture. Are you watching a copied dvd?

Something in your setup is macrovision sensitive which is quite common. It means your setup is struggling to sync with the poor sync that macrovision protected dvds and videos use.

The set up is as follows ,the lcd tv has only one input (composite)
So i ran the dvd player (sony davs 400) into the vcr and out of the vcr into the lcd(the sony has only one output only audio inputs.
so i asume the flashing is marcovision upsetting the the vcr which passes it on to the lcd.
How can i over come this ?
I could get a 2 phono in and one phono out , switchable out put thing (do they make them ?) or any other ideas ? The sony is multi region but i don,t no if marco vision is disabled ..many thanks j

So i ran the dvd player (sony davs 400) into the vcr and out of the vcr into the lcd(the sony has only one output only audio inputs.

Based on the way you have your system setup, the problem is undoubtedly Macrovision (DVD running through your VCR). Is there no way you could connect the VCR before the DAV?

I thought the DAV range had a couple of video input's?

The only way you'll cure the fault unfortunately, is to either try and find a way to do the above, or just connect the DAV directly to the LCD and forget the VCR :( The video is just screwing up the signal at the moment in order to try and prevent you from copying disc's :(

K.

The only reason i use the vcr is because it is installed in a kitchen,and to watch sky i have the rf 2 output with a magic eye from my sky box connected to the vcr.
The lcd tv does not have a tuner so the vcr is my tuner so i can watch my sky through co-axal cable and magic eye controls the sky box and the vcr is the tuner, i know you can buy a seperate tuners but there about £80, so i thought a old vcr would be ideal !
Can you buy cheap a two input to one output switch thing ,i,ve seen the av control things but there still £50 and support 4 - 5 inputs............many thanks

Odd that the lcd is a monitor but only has a composite input. Can you go into the DVD player service menu and disable Macrovision?

The monitor has s- video, and all the p.c conections buy the dvd player only has composite out put (no s- video) so its the only way to connect it ?

Originally posted by joseph
The monitor has s- video, and all the p.c conections buy the dvd player only has composite out put (no s- video) so its the only way to connect it ?

OK, that explains it. Have you tried to see if Macro can be turned off in the service menu?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom