1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashgun advice needed

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Steveh2005, May 30, 2005.

1. Steveh2005

Steveh2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a D70 and was looking for a flashgun to go with it. I have been looking at a second hand Nikon SB-24 and a Metz 32CT3. Will either ofthese flashguns work correctly with my D70?

Apologies if it's an obvious question but I have never used an external flash before.

Thanks in anticipation

2. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,775
    In order to make it easiest as possible and make use of ALL features of the Nikon D70 your only choices are: SB600 or SB800 both from Nikon.

No other flashgun or speedlight will be able to operate fully automatic with that camera....Although I think Sigma has got an EF-500 speedlight specifically for this camera that can utilise iTTL.

I got my SB600 for GBP154...

Unless you are fully proficient in setting up every shot manually I wouldn't even start thinking about the options mentioned in your post...

It's all in the D70 manual ;-)

3. Steveh2005

Steveh2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks.

I did check the manual however I wan't sure whether Nikon would mention third-party support or just push their own products! Looks like I need to shop for an SB600 then!

4. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,775
    The manual bit was said with a wink :) Really a hint to my RTFM thread...

I don't you will be disappointed by the SB-600, it can also be used as a remote unit with the build-in flash...