Flash Player

cjohnson355

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondered if anyone had heard anything about Apple finally allowing Adobe flashplayer on the iphone?

I'm due for an upgrade in July and will wait for the iphone5 to come out. I am however having serous doubts about going for another iphone. It seems all others on the market now have flashplayer <sigh>

Regards
Kate

Flash is worthless, life is better without all the adverts.

The answer is no, there is no sign of Flash ever coming to iOS.

There are 101 other discussion threads about this, with every possible argument for and against. Daft really, it's not going to change.

:boring:

this gets asked like a bazillion times, to put it bluntly there is a greater chance of a horse being appointed Prime Minister then there is of flash shipping with the next iPhone

:boring:

this gets asked like a bazillion times, to put it bluntly there is a greater chance of a horse being appointed Prime Minister then there is of flash shipping with the next iPhone

And guess what... you can't share photos with your mates over Bluetooth and you're speakers aren't faulty, one is a microphone.

Just thought I'd mention it, in case nobody knew...

Can we have an iGrumpyoldmen forum section please?

you're speakers aren't faulty, one is a microphone.

Allegedly at the Genius bar the whole one speaker thing is apparently the biggest issue they get from customers seeking service :laugh:

Well there's no Flash on the browser, but Flash developers should now be able to easily pack their flash stuff as apps. This is done with the click of a button, using in the new Adobe suite, even on Windows. Of course normal App Store rules will still apply.

Do take care as Flash on other phones is somewhat limited and definitely not what you get on a normal computer, it's best to check if they do what you're looking for.

I do believe shortly before Adobe released their plugin for Flash allowing iPhone app outputs, Apple quickly revised their terms outlawing translated code and therefore making apps created using this method ineligible for the App Store.

And then turned that decision around a while after, making it absolutely fine again.

There are genuine reasons for wanting flash on IOS . For me the main one being that video broadcasters are raping IOS users by charging them twice to watch something on their device.

I subscribe to a service no need to mention any names other than its owned by Murdoch and i can stream that with flash to an android device ( or PC / Mac ) no problems but I have to pay another subscription to do the same thing on my iP4 or Ipad using the ios app.

and yes I know i could cancel the other sub and only have the ios one but I like to have a choice what I watch it on and once I've paid a sub believe that should be that

Umm Tub007 if you mean for using the the Sky Player, doesn't that use Silverlight instead of Flash?

If that's the case then having Flash wouldn't help much with your problem.

Edit: Had a quick look and apparently it's not really possible to stream Sky to Android devices yet, the website uses Silverlight so it's a no go. There's an app coming up, but it would be strange if that had different subscription policy than iOS. Now I'm a bit confused as to which Murdoch service you mean?

Last edited:
its fox soccer in the us ..shows live premiership matches at 3:00pm on Saturdays if you have us based vpn ..site uses flash but if you want iphone or ipad its another 10 dollars per month

its fox soccer in the us ..shows live premiership matches at 3:00pm on Saturdays if you have us based vpn ..site uses flash but if you want iphone or ipad its another 10 dollars per month

You need skyfire, works fine for me for the same purpose!

Cheers wil take a look .. Last time i tried skyfire it did'nt work on secure logins

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom