1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash MP3 players - which have decent battery life?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Channard, May 13, 2005.

1. Channard

Channard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 256MB flash player at the moment, supposedly with a battery life of 8 hours. But with the highest rated rechargeable AAAs I can find, I'm still only getting 5 hours or so. Are there any good MP3 players out there that get really good battery life from an AA or AAA battery (it's a pity none of the iPod style devices use AAs)?

So far I've seen the new circular sony MP3 player which can apparently get 70 hours plus from an AAA, although I'm kind of looking for one that I can plug straight into a USB slot to carry data without carrying an extra lead around. Does anyone here have any advice?

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    One point I'd mention is they often claim battery life at half volume but I can hardly hear mp3 players at half volume so whats the point. I suppose if you use your mp3 players at near 100% volume you might as well simply half their figures to get a true account of battery life although thinking about it the actual mp3 decoding is probably a using a fair percentage of power but then amplifiers are less efficient at low volumes so it probably evens itself out. Also many people end up breaking their headphones and replacing them. Often the replacements aren't as sensitive as the original headphones so again more power will be consumed.

3. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get the Sony E107 1GB, it's great, better than the E99 (which my son has).
    Easy to use, good sound quality, very light, and excellent battery life 30+ hours so far, and still showing full battery, on a cheapo AAA battery.
    It comes with Sonicstage 3, which even my old computer can cope with, though it's a bit slow. I have managed to fit 435 tracks on the E107 at 64kbps using sonicstage.
    It Doesn't come with a neckstrap.
    I bought a pair of Fontopia inner ear earphones, as the ones supplied don't fit my ears, WELL worth it.