1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash MP3 Players w/FM Tuner

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Art Murphy, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Art Murphy

Art Murphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the market for a small, really wicked flash mp3 player that must have a tuner.

I've looked at the iPod Shuffle but I'm put off by the lack of a screen, limited playlist and no radio. I've been looking at these new players from Sony. I know the quoted battery life of 50 hours is a little optimistic, but they look cool and the storage seems generous for the size of the device. However, having never bought Sony stuff before I don't know what they're like to own.

Can anyone share their experiences of Sony gadgets? Durability, design, ease of use etc. before I buy.

Cheers,

Art

2. mousebong

mousebong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want to put you off, but I was recently drawn in to buying the Sony E99 1GB flash player, mainly because the looks, battery life and build were great!!

However, after three weeks of trying everything including quality earphones, I sold on my E99 because the sound quality really wasn't up-to-much: in fact it was noticeably bad.

My advice is not to get sucked in to buying a sexy player until there are one or two quality reviews around to help you make your mind up. If I had waited for What Hi-Fi's verdict on my player, it would have put me off and I'd have saved money.

Only a personal opinion, but I don't think Sony have cracked Flash players yet (though I'm really enjoying their HD3).

Hope it helps.

3. betamax

betamax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to say I'm more than satisfied with my E99. I suppose it's always worth waiting for the reviews but the previews for the new Sony range all seem very positive.

4. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Creative MuVo N200...cracking players. They come in 128Mb, 256Mb, 512Mb or 1Gb flavours...Sound quality can't be beaten by any others IMO.

5. lammy

lammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i feel tht sony is quite reliable!! i have mainly brought sony devices from the sony walkman cassettes and then i did buy a sharp md player but took it back about a dozen times and den switched to a sony md and had no problems and jus recently switched to the hd3. its gud but did av to take it back cus i did the eu limter thing wrong but its a very gud device.