1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Gordon gets special edition dvd treatment

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Jul 30, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    From digital bits web site.

Other DVD news today... some of you are going to be pleased... or not... with this. Momentum Pictures in the U.K. is preparing a Flash Gordon: Silver Anniversary Edition DVD... for release in the U.K.. We're trying to find out if this will also be released in the States and, if so, who will handle the distribution (we understand that there's some confusion as to who owns the U.S. release rights - we've got questions into Universal, so hopefully we'll know more soon). The DVD will street on 10/10 in the U.K., featuring anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio, audio commentary by director Mike Hodges and an interview with him as well, a second audio commentary with actor Brian Blessed, a photo slideshow, the original Queen theatrical trailer, and the first episode of the original 1940s serial Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe. You can read more on the Queen Online and Bryan May websites

All together now.

FLASH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA he saved every one of us! :clap:

Dave.

2. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    I did like that film; so camp it was great. First rate soundtrack too and Ming's daughter, wellllll.. (was she ever in anything else though?). Casting the excellent Max von Sydow as Ming was a stroke of genius, I was just surprised he did it. Keep us informed and I'll go for it. Even better than Battlestar (just joking.. honest.... please forgive me...).

3. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Ornella Muti she still looked as good 10 years later when she co-starred with Sylvester Stallone in Oscar.

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I love Flash Gordon. This is ace news! [​IMG]