Flagship Arcam DVD Player

Tom @ Cinehome

AVForums Sponsor
Dear John D.

Now that the AV8 and P7 are out, what I think we really need is a circa £2.5 - £3k Arcam flagship DVD Player to go with them.

The DV27 is great, but having spent £5.5K on amplification, it would be nice to have a cracking player to match.

There is a big gap in the market at this price point.

Any comments ?

Regards

Tom.

Tom @ Cinehome

AVForums Sponsor
Hi Steve,

Nice player, but I meant more from the Arcam brand to match the pre-power combo visually.

Regards

Tom.

I'm sure Mr Dawson will say that the DV27 will compete with a 2 & a half grand machine.

I like the DV27...It's a real cool piece of kit.

If it wasn't for the Meridian 596......i would've probably gone with the DV27

Adzman

Tom @ Cinehome

AVForums Sponsor
It does compete with the DVDA1. In many respects, the picture is better: sharper, punchier.

They need to sort the chroma error out on the DV27 though...

Regards.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Edgeyboy

They need to sort the chroma error out on the DV27 though...

and supply a decent remote. The Arcam are horrible.:mad: Spoils a great product.

monkeyboy69

cant complain here about my fmj27, although i might if I had to pay 2500, perhaps the question you should be asking john is can you make the amp cheaper , not the dvd dearer
I pitted the dv27 against the cyrus , denon and toshiba (well had to throw a curve ball in there) and also the arcam dv88, fmj27 won hands down.
With the competition in amps now being so high surely the best way for manufacturers to gain our loyalty would be to bring prices down.
The wife would be far more willing for me to go out and make that rash spending then

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom