Fixing joystick on K800i - anyone done it

3T3L1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The joystick on my K800i is starting to go big time, and I was wondering if there was any way of fixing it.

Googling gives a number of answers from "yes definitely" to "no I tried it and it broke my phone"

Simple question then - has anyone done it, and which guide (preferably on video) did they use? Do you need any special tools to do so?

Cheers all,

dds14

I Had a K750i and tried to replace the housing, I'm quite technically skilled but it's so delicate inside It just fell apart in my hands, tiny little springs and paper thin ribbon cables with double sided tape on them, I got it back together and you guessed it "I broke my phone" it didn't work after. So in this case I recommend sending to an authorised dealer for repair.

if it wirks but you need to push it hard then it is dirty inside and can be cleaned. if it doesnt work at all then either the controller chip is faulty (usually) or the joystick itself.
if its still under warrenty then get it done free

It's just under a year old, and in answer to the other question - it's a dust buildup under the stick as it does work, just after a lot of pressure on it.

I hadn't thought about doing the warranty thing as it hadn't even occurred to me, though I don't really want to send it off and be without a phone for a couple of weeks. And it's not the kind of thing I would think is serious enough for them to repair under warranty.

What I'd ideally like is an idiot's guide to taking it apart and cleaning the front and a testimonial from anyone who's done it.

Though judging by solidamber's post, it doesn't look that easy.

Cheers guys.

It's just under a year old, and in answer to the other question - it's a dust buildup under the stick as it does work, just after a lot of pressure on it.

I hadn't thought about doing the warranty thing as it hadn't even occurred to me, though I don't really want to send it off and be without a phone for a couple of weeks. And it's not the kind of thing I would think is serious enough for them to repair under warranty.

What I'd ideally like is an idiot's guide to taking it apart and cleaning the front and a testimonial from anyone who's done it.

Though judging by solidamber's post, it doesn't look that easy.

Cheers guys.

i would def use the warrenty - an onsite repair center should be able to turn it around in 24 hours
once you have opened it then you have lost all warrenty

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom