Quantcast

Fixing existing box in other room??

jimmymac87

Standard Member
We recently got a Sky+ box in our living room - leaving the standard Sky box redundant. I was hoping to fit it in my bedroom, but really have no idea how! I know I'll need to pick up a freesat viewing card or something, but how will I connect it to the satellite (the dish is on the front of the house, my room is at the back).

Is there any way for me to do it (being a novice at heart :)) or would I need to pay someone to fit it?

Thanks for the help, as I'm not sure what to do! :)

G

George Harrison

You can get Sky Multiroom and use the existing box. Multiroom costs an extra £10 per months, but if you subscribe to more than two premium channels then there is no extra charge.

BuzzLightyear

Standard Member
I think you are a bit confused here. You always pay an extra £10 for multiroom - the getting of 2 premium channels prevents you paying another extra £10 for the Sky+ service.

To answer the original poster - yes get a Freeview card. But I think (correct me if i'm wrong) all but a couple of channels (eg ITV1) will work with no card in the box at all !!

Nick_UK

Banned
You will need to run another cable from the Sky dish to your old Sky box. Without a card, you can receive unencrypted channels like BBC1, BBC2, and some shopping channels, or with a "freesat" card (which costs a one-off £20) you can receive a lot more free-to-air stuff.

jimmymac87

Standard Member
Thanks very much everyone - help much appreciated :) I'm going to get a 'freesat' card this weekend, and try my best at connecting my spare digibox in my room, to the sat dish.

Thanks again