Fixing centres for TH50PX60 please

wunduk

Novice Member
Hello. I'm thinking of mounting a TH50PX60 on the wall with a slimmer bracket than the Panasonic one. Unfortunately I don't know the fixing centres for the set, and I haven't managed to find them in the downloadable instructions, Panasonic's website or here. If anyone could let me know how far they are apart, horizontally and vertically, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

wunduk

Novice Member
OK thanks Andy. I was a little worried that the bracket I'm looking at only allows fixings 70cm apart, which leaves a long way in from the edges of the set.

E

encrypted

OK thanks Andy. I was a little worried that the bracket I'm looking at only allows fixings 70cm apart, which leaves a long way in from the edges of the set.

Hi - could you tell me which bracket you are using and where you got it from? I need one too!

wunduk

Novice Member
I'm using one of the slimline ones from "compubuyz" on eBay. Cost not much more than £30 including next day delivery. I wanted the set close to the wall, and this one spaces it off by an inch (not 2cm as claimed!). I consider there is still ample air-flow behind the set: the only thing mentioned in the manual is keeping it 10cm away from a wall where there is no air coming up from underneath.

Comes complete with M8 bolts to go into the set, but these are a little long so I spaced them out with M8 nuts, IIRC. You could cut them, but then you'd have to be careful that the cut ends don't damage the brass threads in the set.

Don't worry that it's not stupidly overpriced like a lot of brackets - it's very strong. As with all brackets, you must ensure that it's fixed to the wall properly. This is where any weakness could occur.

E

encrypted

I'm using one of the slimline ones from "compubuyz" on eBay. Cost not much more than £30 including next day delivery. I wanted the set close to the wall, and this one spaces it off by an inch (not 2cm as claimed!). I consider there is still ample air-flow behind the set: the only thing mentioned in the manual is keeping it 10cm away from a wall where there is no air coming up from underneath.

Comes complete with M8 bolts to go into the set, but these are a little long so I spaced them out with M8 nuts, IIRC. You could cut them, but then you'd have to be careful that the cut ends don't damage the brass threads in the set.

Don't worry that it's not stupidly overpriced like a lot of brackets - it's very strong. As with all brackets, you must ensure that it's fixed to the wall properly. This is where any weakness could occur.
Thanks - thats a really decent price - the only thing is I cant find it! Do you have the link or suppliers name?

Also, is the an adjustment to make the screen straight if it is wonky? A bit like when a picture is lop-sided? My concern is after all the measuring and drilling i may get it out by a few mm - and it'll be obvious because the screen would be a tight fit between the gas fire surround and ceiling skirting. I know moving it left and right os no problem as you can just slide along the rails.

Thanks again.

E

encrypted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150098345257

You can make minute adjustments due to the width of the fixing slots, but you may find that one or two of the holes you drill wander off and you need to drill some more. This isn't a problem as there is a large slot area.

I just put an order in for that model...hopefully it'll all sit right...I did notice in the user manual that the set should be kept 7cm from the wall - that would be far too far...but i think the inch from this bracket should be ok for the set...

E

encrypted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150098345257

You can make minute adjustments due to the width of the fixing slots, but you may find that one or two of the holes you drill wander off and you need to drill some more. This isn't a problem as there is a large slot area.
I got this bracket delivered today. TV is still packed, do any of the supplied bolts fit the TVs holes?

I want to mount on the chimney breast - so no wooden studs - is this ok? Its a victorian house so i assume the breast is made of brick?

wunduk

Novice Member
As I said, it comes with M8 bolts which go into the set, but are too long (18mm penetration max, IIRC) - see my posting above.

The chimney breast will most likely be brick, yes, in which case you fix with the supplied wall plugs, for which you will need a suitable hammer drill and masonry bit (10mm?). I'm a little concerned that you're having to ask these questions - do make sure that you can tighten the bolts firmly without the plugs rotating in the wall, or you've hit a soft spot and you'll have to drill elsewhere. :)

E

encrypted

As I said, it comes with M8 bolts which go into the set, but are too long (18mm penetration max, IIRC) - see my posting above.

The chimney breast will most likely be brick, yes, in which case you fix with the supplied wall plugs, for which you will need a suitable hammer drill and masonry bit (10mm?). I'm a little concerned that you're having to ask these questions - do make sure that you can tighten the bolts firmly without the plugs rotating in the wall, or you've hit a soft spot and you'll have to drill elsewhere. :)
I haven't moved in to the house you see, so I can't be 100% - but yes its deffo brick because I checked google earth and the place of installation is a real chimney breast (can see chimney on top) as opposed to some plastered box!

As for length of bolts - no problems, I can drill the holes deeper in the back of the tv (just kidding) - i'll shorten them with the nuts.

Drilling etc - I've got all the kit....just need some luck next week.

Cheers!:D

E

encrypted

Well, its going up this weekend - the only problem is I have lost the instructions for mounting the bracket!

any available online? or maybe you could scan yours? thanks a million!

E

encrypted

BTW, are the mounting points on the back of the 50px60 bang in the centre of the TV? I'm putting the bracket in the centre of the chimney breast and assuming it'll all centre up!

wunduk

Novice Member
Yes, my bracket is in the centre of a chimney breast, but it doesn't have to be that accurate, because the panel will slide sideways on the rails. Edit: you knew that anyway.

I doubt I still have the instructions but it's trivial if you know how to do fixings in masonry walls. Just use plenty of fixings because the bracket bends otherwise.

E

encrypted

I plan on using all 6 masonary bits to put the bracket up - this should be enough.

What are the thick plastic washers/spacers for again?

wunduk

Novice Member
Yes, use all six (I couldn't remember if there were six or eight - I used them all). I don't think you need any of the spacers.

E

encrypted

So i finally drilled the 6 holes using a masonary bit, put the plugs in and started to put the bracket up. Unfortunately, the torque required to turn the screws into the plugs is too much such that the plugs start spinning and I cant tighten the screws any further - this happens after a few mm in leaving 95% of the screw sticking out!!

I'm wondering whether these are good quality plug and screws or whether my chimney bricks are 'soft'.

Can anyone recommend any decent wall plugs and bolts of at least 10mm? - probably need 11mm (12mm) now!