1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixing and squaring up screen and projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahamricho, Dec 4, 2001.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    ive nearly finished my new extension!whats the first step in fixing
    seleco 320 bracket and screen to make sure there square to one another and distance,it says in manual to make the distance 5cm to long and down size the image to fit screen!any tips or hints please.the distance in manual says for 80 inch screen is 2560cm to first hole on bracket? many thanks graham

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I always fit the screen first, then the projector.

Triagulation is the answer. (How I wish I had spent more time listening in the maths class)

Measure roughly to wear your PJ has to go with a standard tape measure and make a mark on the ceiling.

Get some cotton thread and tie a knot in it and hold that to the very corner of your screen. Tie it round a pencil so that it will make a mark about a foot in front of your measured mark and draw an arc on the ceiling. Keeping the knot and the pencil the same do it again from the other corner of the screen. where the two line creoss is the middle.

Do it all again but make another cross a foot behind the measured distance. Join the two crosses and you have the perfect mark to line your projector up on. Join up the two crosses.

Final final check. measure centre of screen
    Hold cotton to cetre and take it back to the furthest mark. It should pass exactly though the first mark.

Do this again and again untill you are certain that it is right .

The quickest way to make sure a projector will fail is to put it in the wrong place.!

Hope that helps