Fixed Screens - Where from?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by The Spaniard, Apr 16, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    It looks like very soon I will actually have to spend some money. This may trigger som e of my friends into cardiac arrest as they now think that the whole point of this home cinema lark is just to talk about it until you send people to sleep! I have managed to get the wife to agree to a fixed screen in the lounge ( after new curtains, coffee table, dining suite, carpet, decoration.....etc ) and was going to go for a grayhawk luxus screenwall imported from the states. However....I now have a few misgivings about my need for a grayhawk (if the widescreen sanyo gives better blacks) and therefore would (or perhaps that should be SHOULD) consider other screens and manufacturers. Some bright spark mentioned, in the presence of my wife!!, that I could buy the fabric and then get it made up within a nice picture frame!! Does any one have any suggestions on either? I would still need to have a black velvet perimeter around the screen size for overspill but actually quite like the picture frame idea?

All comments gratefully received!

Regards

The Spaniard :)

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    I have supplied material to a poster on this forum in order to achieve exactly what you suggest at limited cost.

I'll leave it to him to say whether it was worthwhile or not. This wasn't greyhawk material though. The UK distributor for Stewart wont supply material seperately from the frame though.

Gordon

[ 16-04-2001: Message edited by: Gordon, StereoStereo ]