Fixed screen with electric cover?

Steve Baker

Standard Member
Does anyone know of a screen manufacturer that supplies fixed screens with an electric front cover?

I'm looking to set-up a home cinema projector system in my lounge and want to opt for a permanent fixed screen, but wish to hide and protect the mass of white when not in use with a screen/cover that can be remotely opened to reveal the projector screen beneath. Would be nice also to have this outer screen covered in an image that fits in with my lounge decor.

Fred Flintstone4

An interesting concept! You could use two rollers. One powered one at the top and a free rolling one at the bottom with a continuous belt all the way round. Half could have a projection surface and the other half could have a picture on it. Put it in a frame and nobody need know it was a screen. Hide the pj in a bookshelf and you can keep your other half off your case. The divorce rate would halve overnight...

Steve Baker

Standard Member
Many thanks Walter - hadn't considered that concept. I've a log burning open fire in the lounge though, so think I would need a better means of covering the projector screen to keep it clean and free from dust and soot, etc, during the many Winter months we now appear to have. Could always opt for cinema-type electric curtains, but not too keen on that idea.

I've found a Beamax screen that appears to do what I want - the Artsoundscreen Masquerade - but the projector screen is perforated as I think it includes in-wall speakers in the package (or it should do cos tha package price is approx £2,500). Unfortunately, I'm unable to use in-wall speakers. Looks like I want this screen but without the speakers and slightly more affordable.

Surprised there aren't other manufacturers who do something like this.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom