Fixed screen querey

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilders

Ex Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of building a fixed frame screen but ceiling mounting it as I have a large window in the area I need to put the screen .
The reason being I have read on this and the AVS forum that ceiling mounted pull down or electric screen can suffer from sagging and wrinkles, which a more expensive tensioned screen would help but budjet wont allow this.
I've recently bought a BD808s and was thinking of an 8' wide screen.
Can anyone see any problems with this? Is it usually the case for the pull down/electric screens to exhibit this flaw?

Any help appreciated before I spend any cash?

Thanks
Dean.

Dean,

If you have the space then this sounds like a neat solution. Manual and electric screens can exhibit the faults you talk about. I've even seen some tab tensioned ones that curl at the edges due to poor implimentation of the technology!

Gordon

Not sure if I would see any problems doing what Im thinking of.
Basically, one side will be the screen for the CRT, the other would I was thinking of a nice 8'x4.5' wife friendly picture which can hang on a side wall when not in use....ie a double sided thing.

Can anyone tell me what type of wood would be good for the frame, I was thinking of using blackout material for the screen which a lot of people seem to use with good results....also this is a cheap option which the missus wouldn't castrate me for (although she nearly did when she saw the size of the 808!)

Thanks in advance,
Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom