• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fixed Penatly notice - real or fake?

markie g

Distinguished Member
Hey,

This is my first time at receiving a fixed penalty notice.. im not sure if its real, fake or someone else's!

I parked in on a normal road. No double yellow lines, no resident permit sign. There was about 30 other cars all parked on this road. I've parked here many times before as its about a 7/8min walk from the university. When i came back to my car i had this fixed penalty notice... a quick walk of the road i was the only one with this notice.

I've never seen one before but found it strange there was no telephone number to pay, no details about the car, no unique numbers for the ticket it self etc.

The only thing on it is a link to www.patrol-uk.info website seems real. Any advice on who has had one if i can tell it is real or fake. I have just tried the leeds number via that patrol-uk.info site but there was no answer (5:38pm)

Cheers

Attachments

• parking ticket.jpg
    parking ticket.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,280
Last edited:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
no details about the car, no unique numbers for the ticket it self etc.

That doesn't ring right at all :confused:

It has to have your registration number on it at least.

I'm guessing that's someone messing about.

IronGiant

It's possible it's a mock up from a local resident who recognised that you weren't visiting anyone in the street and is trying to frighten you off. Get a photo up :)

markie g

Distinguished Member
It's possible it's a mock up from a local resident who recognised that you weren't visiting anyone in the street and is trying to frighten you off. Get a photo up :)
It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of them.. will scan and upload a picture tomorrow when i return home. Seems a lot of effort to go to as it was in one of the yellow and white see through holders with self adhesive.

IronGiant

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of them.. will scan and upload a picture tomorrow when i return home. Seems a lot of effort to go to as it was in one of the yellow and white see through holders with self adhesive.
Ooh I don't know about that, there's a serial wazzock parker around here I'd happily stick a dozen fake tickets a week on :D

Dave

Last edited:

markie g

Distinguished Member
But this one had a repeating background saying "calderdale council" which is about 15miles away from where i got the ticket. I got the ticket outside Leeds University.

I went to the website and pressed the pay option but it asked for a PCN which it doesnt have. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can shed any light on it.. i assume they can search the database for my reg number to see if i have any tickets

IronGiant

I think you may have a home made copied ticket, rather than a novelty bought of the internet joke one. The camera can't lie, paste it up on here :)

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
But this one had a repeating background saying "calderdale council" which is about 15miles away from where i got the ticket. I got the ticket outside Leeds University.

I went to the website and pressed the pay option but it asked for a PCN which it doesnt have. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can shed any light on it.. i assume they can search the database for my reg number to see if i have any tickets

The fact that the note has no info on works to your advantage, means you will not have to pay :thumbsup:

As all Parking tickets NEED to have all information filled in completly otherwise they are void :smashin:

markie g

Distinguished Member
i rang Calverdale council today and said they dont operate in leeds where the ticket was issued and i also gave them my reg number and confirmed i dont have any tickets. :thumbsup:

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
i rang Calverdale council today and said they dont operate in leeds where the ticket was issued and i also gave them my reg number and confirmed i dont have any tickets. :thumbsup:
I was going to say if you're parking in the city then the issuing authority would be Leeds City Council.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Just looked at the pic you've scanned in: difficult to tell if it's genuine or fake, in all honesty.

The spelling's all accurate, but as we can't see any personal details, (e.g. a car reg number - even if it was blacked-out so we can't see what your car reg is), it's difficult for anyone to prove either way. :(

Is the council logo genuine?

Other than that, I'd just go into your local council office, or phone them up, and see if they can help. They should have a record of the day, date and time your car was (allegedly) ticketed, so if they do, then you know what to do. :eek:

Pooch

Peridot

Someone's cut the top portion off what was probably a genuine notice issued to another vehicle (the rear of the top part would have had the how to pay and how to challenge instructions as described on the front)

John

looks fake to me. Besides if the driver took the ticket , how is the registered keeper ever going to know ;).
Lots more information on Pepipoo.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom