Question FIXED - Panasonic SU HTB550 Home Theatre no longer has sound with Sony via HDMI cable

Simonides

Established Member
Reaction score
After some years of use, I can no longer get sound from my Panasonic SU HTB550 Home Theatre System soundbar.

It's connected to my Sony KDL 46HX883 via HDMI cable. The cable runs from HDMI1 (ARC) AVOUT on the TV to HDMI2 AUX1 AVIN on the Panasonic.

I assume that the difference between HDMI1 and 2 is just in naming between manufacturers. Normally when I start the TV, the sound system powers up automatically and takes over the sound. For the last couple of days the sound has remained via the TV speakers. I've tried powering everything down and back up multiple times, tried factory reset of the TV, tried swapping HDMI cables (but am now back with the original cable as I know that works with ARC,) tried different inputs on the Panasonic etc. The TV light on the Panasonic is on, confirming that the TV input is selected. And yes, I've tried turning up the volume on the Panasonic.

I'm getting desperate for ideas now - the sound from the TV is really thin.

MOD - I'm crossposting on the appropriate TV Forum - I hope this doesn't break any forum rules. If it does then please feel free to edit.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Fixed now, I moved the cable from HDMI2 AUX1 AVIN to TVOUT ARC AVOUT on the Panasonic home theatre box and it's now working. Having discussed with my wife, I'm going to all it a 'dusting error!!!'

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom