Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Fixed frame screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davyb, Dec 9, 2003.

1. davyb

davyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I need to buy a new screen to go with my new pj, and wanted a 16:9 fixed frame that i could mount on the wall. At the minute the only one that I have seen is at bemaxed, and it is very expensive. Can you recommend anywhere to try to get a decent one at the right price?

All help appreciated.

Davy.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,039
    Sorry are you saying the Beamax ones are expensive? I actually think they are excellent value for meony and are cheap for a fixed frame screen (unless you make one yourself)

Gordon

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moved to screen forum.

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I just installed a Draper Onyx 92" ... I'm clueless when it comes to what's good and what's not :blush: so I asked AV-Sales' advice as to whether the Owl was worth the considerably more size-for-size and they said not. :)

Ergonomically it's okay, I didn't get the option black material covering for the frame which is matte-ish black aluminium. Using it with my Z2 it produces a nice bright image while the Z2's decent blacks also are more than adequate for me.

I'm happy. :smashin: