• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Fixed Cinema Screen Installation

Philw101

Prominent Member
Hi all,

I managed to get a good deal on a Grandview Cyber fixed screen, but was wondering if anyone has used a good installer out there ideally around Buckinghamshire and how much they might cost .

I'm pretty rubbish with DIY, and since I rent thought it would be good to get a professional round. Many thanks Phil

mikemag

Distinguished Member
I understand your reluctance with the DIY as I have two left hands as well, but you can genuinely assemble the screen without too much of a problem and then you just need a local handyman/carpenter/joiner to mount the rail brackets that the screen sits on to the wall.

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
this type of installation if you have never done it before takes around an hour

30 mins to assemble the screen - 25 mins for a coffee - and 5 mins to drill and mount the brackets and hang the screen

or if you haven't a drill at least assemble the screen and get the kettle on for your mate who has ;)

PS. ask him to bring a spirit level as well and let him know you'll get the biscuit tin out if he does :D

Philw101

Prominent Member
Thanks Mikemag and IdealAv! The screen itself will be a piece of cake, it's just the brackets on the wall, since it's a plasterboard wall that backs onto the kitchen, I assume there are pipes and wires we would need to avoid. I also assume the brackets need to go into the wooden frame inside the wall rather than just in the plaster board. Excuse my rather naive DIY terminology. I will have a look at handymen (or women) around our area. Cheers :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom