Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Five People You Meet In Heaven (John Voight)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, May 24, 2005.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,137
    Just saw an advert for this. Looks interesting and well made.

Lifted from the Hallmark site :

"From the author of the phenomenal bestseller 'Tuesdays with Morrie' and featuring a stellar cast led by Oscar-winners Jon Voight ('Coming Home') and Ellen Burstyn ('Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore') with Jeff Daniels ('Something Wild') and Michael Imperioli ('The Sopranos'), FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN is an astonishing journey of redemption and self-discovery that proves that not all mysteries unfold in life."

more details here

The Hallmark Channel Friday May 27th 1pm.

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Joe,

That looks like an interesting film. Jon Voight and Ellen Burstyn are usually good, I don't know much about the other actors although I've heard their names.

I wish I had the space to record it in my Sky+ Planner but no worries, I shall have a lazy three hours watching it instead! I just hope it doesn't give me nightmares!

Hallmark often has some good programmes yet I rarely look at it on the EPG. I'm glad you pointed this out.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,137
    To be honest, the only thing 'Hallmark' i watch on a regular basis is the excellent 'House' series. But if this tv film does turn out to be decent (as the clip suggested), then i'll be keeping an eye out for more content in the future. It definetly feels like Hallmark are starting to raise their game, above the 'afternoon weepie' channel.

glad the heads-up was of use to someone :)

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Joe,

I don't know whether you've seen the Hallmark film yet so I won't give away the plot; I wouldn't anyway in case someone else has recorded it, I hate "spoilers"

I'm glad I watched it although, thanks to Sky+, I managed to wash and dry my hair, paint my nails, and do some chores whilst it was waiting for me. It's difficult to sit for three hours at home. It was an unusual film and it wasn't until ten minutes had elapsed that I realised the old man was the gorgeous guy from "Midnight Cowboy", Jon Voight! The years haven't been that kind to him.

I just have to say heaven looks pretty nerve wracking to me!

5. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,137
    raally stupid of me, but i actually forgot to record it - doh!!!. nevermind, i;m sure they'll repeat it very soon. Glad it turned out to be worth watching.

joe