Five families own more than 20% of the UK do? Rubbish

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
The problem is statistics like this can be extracted to support any argument.

Oxfam are one Charity I will never give money to given their massive admin costs. I might as well chuck the money down the drain than give it to them.

sidicks

Banned
The problem is statistics like this can be extracted to support any argument.

Oxfam are one Charity I will never give money to given their massive admin costs. I might as well chuck the money down the drain than give it to them.

I recently cancelled my direct debit to Oxfam on account of them seemingly spending more money on 'playing politics' rather than providing hands on help for those in genuine need.

Any suggestions as to who should get the money instead?!

sidicks

Banned
Got a local Air Ambulance fund? As I understand it, those guys are always skating pretty close to the mark keeping those things running.

If you help fund them, do you get to borrow the helicopter at weekends?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer

As suggested any Air Ambulance funds are a great place to give money. Local Hospices are another good one.

sidicks

Banned
As suggested any Air Ambulance funds are a great place to give money. Local Hospices are another good one.

Already support the local hospice!

I'm going to follow up on the air ambulance idea. Thanks.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I recently cancelled my direct debit to Oxfam on account of them seemingly spending more money on 'playing politics' rather than providing hands on help for those in genuine need.

If you are still looking to donate to an international charity, Medecins Sans Frontieres are almost entirely apolitical and do amazing things in challenging conditions.

sidicks

Banned
If you are still looking to donate to an international charity, Medecins Sans Frontieres are almost entirely apolitical and do amazing things in challenging conditions.

Thanks - Shelterbox are my favoured charity for disaster situations - I've visited their main warehouse and spent a lot of time talking to their representatives.

However, in order to donate to my local air ambulance it looks as though I have to print a form and send it by post, rather than fill it in online. so I've split the money that I was spending on Oxfam between the local air ambulance (apparently I'm now a 'REDS lifesaver') and MSF.
:D

Now, back on topic...

BISHI

Distinguished Member
'As I become more viciously right wing '

Nuff said .,!

sidicks

Banned
'As I become more viciously right wing '

Nuff said .,!

His tongue-in-cheek comment probably refers to being economically rationale - I note you haven't criticised the logic to his argument...
:(

BISHI

Distinguished Member
It doesn't really interest me. Tbh I feel the same about oxfam as you do.!

la gran siete

Distinguished Member

sidicks

Banned
"As I become more viciously right wing ' and more of a blithering idiot it would seem.

Perhaps you'd like to share your reasons for disagreeing with the economic argument he lays out, rather than just making offensive insults.

I won't hold my breath though...

I am more impressed by the comments made on these links and the socking state that is the USA
Robert Reich Explains Who REALLY Controls Our Nation’s Wealth | Americans Against the Tea Party
New Study Shows Income Inequality At Record Levels (VIDEO) | Americans Against the Tea Party
whilst we are not quite the equal (thank goodness) we seem to ape them more than any other nation in the EU

That's the trouble - you're easily impressed and unable (or unwilling) to see the flaws in any argument 'from the left'.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
You mean like all the claimed tax cuts for the poor that Bush claimed - but only applied to the rich .? Which cut the tax revenue at a time of maximum government expenditure and resulted in a huge deficit .?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers