1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Zalman PSU & CPU Fan in HCPC Case

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by slyborg, Sep 24, 2003.

1. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I'm looking at the Accent HT 100 and want to get the Zalman 300W PSU and for my 2400XP want to get a Zalman 7000 Flower cooler and wanted to see if anyone had a similar setup and whether or not there are issues fitting them in?

Thanks

Si

2. GRees

GRees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Si

I've got the Accent HT200 case which I think has the same layout inside apart from having two drive bays instead of one. I'm using the Zalman 400Watt PSU which I think has the same dimensions as the 300Watt and I'm using a 2600XP with the Zalman 6000 Flower cooler. All this fits in OK.

I'm not sure about the 7000 cooler, all I can say is that when I fitted a pair of Papst 60mm fans to the case there wasn't an awful lot of room between the CPU heatsink and fans. So if your thinking about fitting case fans I'd be careful about your choice of heatsink.

Any particular reason for the 7000 as opposed to the 6000?

Gary

3. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No reason just thought 7000 must be the new model and was priced the same as the 6500 they had but I will look at the dimensions and check

BTW have you had any issues with the IR as I've seen reports it's a bit dodgy?

I'm guessing KustomPC are my best bet for an all in one option rather than buying the case, IR and LCD seperate.

Cheers

Si

4. GRees

GRees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my my stuff from KustomPC and they've been great.

Funnily enough, one problem I had was with the IR., it wouldn't respond at all to the remote. One e-mail to KustomPC and they shipped out a new reciever which cured the problem.

I can't comment any more than that as I still haven't configured either the IR or the VFD to do any more than just show they respond to an input. IRAssisstant and LCDSmartie are both about as clear as mud to me. I must get round to asking someone on the forum if they know of an idiots guide to using them.

Gary

5. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    take care with your case/mobo layout that the power supply does not project over the CPu slot.

In my previous HTPC build in a Coolermaster 610 box, this was the case and the flower/fan combo was a tight fit with part of the fan obstructed by the PSU = inneffcient cooling.

Follow the link in my sig to see various iterations of HTPC builds with flower cooler including pics of the above problem.

Peter

6. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry can't follow that link, been there before and just get too sick looking at the sweet setup on the first page!!

7. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Slyborg

Which link is down? What error do you get?
    Need to fix it....

Thanks

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: :rotfl:

Been in Meep's gaff. The pictures don't do it justice.....it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ;)

Really nice chap too :smashin:

9. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Kramer,

You're too kind :blush:

Peter

10. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Oh and I'll bite just in case you weren't being sarcastic ;-) I physically can't follow the link because doing so turns me into a nauseous green eyed monster :)

I just want to move to a country where I could afford a place with room for something like that. My living room is owned by my home theatre equipment, especially since I got the SVS Sub 42" Panny.

I agree that maybe my sweet didn't have enough emphasis on the swEEEEEEt aspect.

:)

11. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Slyborg,

Oh, THAT kind of can't follow link. Missed it, sorry.

Peter