Fitting LED down lights?

cctvop

Ex Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
No need pull up floorboards from above, I fitted our kitchen downlighters without doing that.
I just had to chisel 'notches' out of the joists to allow for the cabling.
Then get a plasterer in to cover over the holes in the ceiling I'd made to reach the joists.

I mean to say I'm only replace 2 lights in the hall way with two from the above package. so my thinking is all the wire i should be all ready there from the lights i remove. will just need to make a hole bigger for the new lights to fit into?

Depends on the current light fitting.

If you've got spots in already then it's a simple like for like.

Alternatively you might have a more complicated job on your hands to wire in the loop in a junction box to poke into the void to enable your new cable to come down.

its just a normal celling rose. I've fitting celling fans loads of times and used connecter blocks to keep the wires from the celling rose together and used them up into the celling. this should be the same thing right? as they won't give of to mush heat?

Should really use a junction box.

Difficult to know exactly what you have until it's down.

My advise would be to take a photo, mark the cables too. Just in case you get stuck. It's not rocket science but sometimes working above you can be a little annoying.

I'm no sparks though so hopefully someone more qualified can advise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom