• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fitting larger DVD hard drive

Bulletguy

I have an LG RHT497H fitted with standard 160gb hard drive.

Has anyone fitted a larger hard drive to this model or does anyone know if it is possible?

Machloop

I have an LG RHT497H fitted with standard 160gb hard drive.

Has anyone fitted a larger hard drive to this model or does anyone know if it is possible?

You ought to ask on the DVD forum. I've just upped my Samsung to 500Gb so you have that to beat. :rotfl: Plenty of helpful users over there too but watch the rules - I keep getting rollockings off the mods. :hiya:

Bulletguy

You ought to ask on the DVD forum. I've just upped my Samsung to 500Gb so you have that to beat. :rotfl: Plenty of helpful users over there too but watch the rules - I keep getting rollockings off the mods. :hiya:

Already done that 3 hours before you made this post! :D
But where are these 'helpful users' on the DVD forum you mention?

Seems either nobody has ever done this (with an LG), or they don't know if it's possible. :(

Machloop

Already done that 3 hours before you made this post! :D
But where are these 'helpful users' on the DVD forum you mention?

Seems either nobody has ever done this (with an LG), or they don't know if it's possible. :(

Neither have I (with an lg) but I have replied to your other post. At least it looks like it takes an IDE drive so you can start by putting any old drive in and see what happens. :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom