Fitting a wall-mounted manual screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alexthecheese, Jan 24, 2008.

1. alexthecheese

alexthecheese
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm moving into a new flat in March and want to set up a home cinema set up in the room with a Beamax R manual wall-mounted screen.

Thing is, I'm not sure how much drilling etc. I can do, so was wondering if it's going to be much of a problem putting it up on the wall.

I could always do it covertly and cover it up after, but that could be an issue if the landlord turns up. :eek:

I was thinking that I could get two tall, slender cupboards and fix a piece of wood between them on the back and mount it on that, so the wall isn't tarnished, but that sounds like quite an effort and I dont think I'd actually need the cupboard space! It's an idea though. :D

I've had a look at the product brochure but it really mentions nothing of the mounting, so I'm unsure what to expect really. Can anybody assist? :lease:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. Otto

Otto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi,

You would need 2 brackets for a screen and 2 screws per bracket. This means drilling 4 holes.

Depending on the finish of the wall, covering up might be less work than putting up cupboards.

If you plan on not staying to long in your current place or you don't want to do any sort of DIY, you can also check for portable screens. The max size is limited to 200 cm, which is about 6 ft 8 inches (overall width). This would be our X2 and X-series range. Another option would be a tripod screen, which is something we don't do, but might be a cheap alternative (but a little tricky to set up if you've never done it).

Otto
    Beamax