Fitting a Panasonic 42PWD7 with TY-ST42PX20 stand?

Yes that picture sucks, it was taken with my mobile camera.

phil_mo said:
Many thanks Likvid.

I found the following pic of a silver panny on your stand (stevegant's) but it would be much better to see it used with a black screen so that I can make an informed decision. :smashin:

attachment.php

Ok, i tried with my mobile camera again, it's much better now, i think you get an idea if you like it or not, it's all up to personal taste.

BILD1.JPG

BILD2.JPG

BILD3.JPG

Many thanks for the pics Likvid that helps a great deal.

I think the stand and black screen look good together so I may well go for that combination now.

P.S. Is that a DSP-A1 amp I see lurking in your cabinet?

No it's the Yamaha RX-V2095RDS, it's the same as the A2 but with a tuner integrated.

phil_mo said:
Many thanks for the pics Likvid that helps a great deal.

I think the stand and black screen look good together so I may well go for that combination now.

P.S. Is that a DSP-A1 amp I see lurking in your cabinet?

The TY-ST42PX20 stand is for the 37&42p30 (the one with the bendy bottom), the problem is that the bottom of the uprights (on the stand)have a bulge that locates is the bottom of the p30, but a PW6/7 sits on top of the bulge and tends to lean forward as you have discovered, i have tried the uprights off the TYST42PA20 but the hole spacings are wrong so the only way to fit the PX20 stand to a PW6/7 is to carefully dremell the bulges off the uprights so that they are not in the way!

I like the Unicol stand that AV-Sales supply with the PWD7 - the panel sits very low, there's hardly any gap between the panel and my Alphason stand and I can hide things like a JS RGB>VGA box and an aspect switcher behind it - makes for a neat installation. Keeps SWMBO happy...

max_tv2.jpg

I recently bought a 42PWD7 and was given a TY-ST42PX20 stand, which doesn't seem to be the standard table stand (it's used more for the Viera models I understand).

It does fit, although I find the screen slants forward slightly, which worries me a little. Also, the long screws do not fit well on the back of the plasma, ie they don't seem to be necessary (hold nothing), except if I lift the screen a little and insert one screw up to a point (not all the way, 2cm sticking out). The bottom screw does not "screw" anything on the screen, it's just there under the frame.

Also, after my "plasma" honeymoon (truly great PQ) I'm starting to find that the esthetics of the stand are not so great because the inside bar shows a bit (the one with several holes, which is hidden with the Viera). The foot shows a lot too...

Has anyone been sold this screen with a PWD7? any "slant" noticed? Should I ask for another stand and can I claim I was sold the wrong one?

Thanks, great board!

Hi FNTMS
I need a TY-ST42PX20 stand - do you still have yours, if so would you sell it to me? Failing that, where did you get it from?
Kind regards,
ajdg14

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom