1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a DVD-R into an all-in-one Home cinema

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clangstone, Jul 13, 2005.

1. clangstone

clangstone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested in buying a DVD recorder to add to my AV system. Currently I have a Sony DAV-S550 compact Home Cinema system, linked to a Panasonic TX28-PL1 TV. Also linked into the system is an Echostar T-101 FTA freeview receiver, and a Sharp VC-MH714HM VCR.

The question is whether or not I can add a DVD recorder....and if so, how best to connect it? Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, what DVD recorder would you recommend. As you can see form the rest of my kit, I need to operate on a fairly low budget....so I'm looking for optimum value for money.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    Assuming the Echostar is connected to a scart on the TV. You would connect this to the DVD Recorder so you can record from it. Then attach the Recorder to the scart on the TV that the Echostar was on.

If the Echostar has two scarts then the VCR can go through the Echostar.

Alterntatively, connect the Echostar to the VCR (if it has two scarts) then VCR to Recorder to the TV

You probably be better off with a cheap DVD Recorder around the £99.99 mark such as the Matsui DVDR1000 (DVD+) at Dixons.

Alternatively, Amazon.co.uk do a Liteon 5006 (DVD+, DVD- and CD-R/RW) for £137.99.