Fitted Hive in place of current controller.

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have a SELECT 207 XLS and was looking to replace it with a hive system. Going by the two attached images (first is my current one, second is hive) it looks like a direct swap. Am I right in this thinking? Also it says I will need to remove my old thermostat and link/bridge it. Does this simply mean connect the wires together so they make a permanent circuit?
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg

it looks like a direct swap. Am I right in this thinking?
Yes. If you're extra lucky the backplates will be compatible so you just take the old programmer off & slip the Hive Receiver in it's place.

Does this simply mean connect the wires together so they make a permanent circuit?
Yes, preferably at the other end to the thermostat so that there are no redundant live wires floating around.

Just took my current one off and nothing is connected to 1 or 2. Does this matter. This is what I have.
IMG_1513009597.450712.jpg

You probably have an splan, 2x2ports in the airing cupboard. I wouldn't worry about it, just leave the backplate as it is and hook the hive onto it. Old Stat will need bridging out at the stat or in the wiring center.

Yes. If you're extra lucky the backplates will be compatible so you just take the old programmer off & slip the Hive Receiver in it's place.

Yes, preferably at the other end to the thermostat so that there are no redundant live wires floating around.
Do you have 2 zone valves?

Liam

Splan don't need a hw off, so no it doesn't matter

Assuming you have (i know you have) this is direct swap and will fit to that back plate (with bit of force) although I would myself change the back plate as it fits A Little more snug

Liam

Also it says I will need to remove my old thermostat and link/bridge it. Does this simply mean connect the wires together so they make a permanent circuit?]

You can link the stat out but tbh always better to remove the stat compleatly from the wiring center. Locate the brown wire from the heating zone valve and that will be the Roomstat cable.

Liam.

That surface wire might be an issue if you do change the backplate. The installation guide talks about adapters but if you ask Hive where to get them, they'll tell you they don't exist. At least they did me & many others who have asked.

I put mine on a slimline backbox from Screwfix with knockouts to accommodate the surface wiring. But subsequent research seemed to show that there are knockouts in the Hive backplate. Something I didn't even look at because the guide was banging on about these adapter plates. So have a good look at the backplate for those.

Edit
These may be knockouts & even if not, could be cut to accommodate that surface wire.

upload_2017-12-11_19-24-6.jpeg

Last edited:
That surface wire might be an issue if you do change the backplate. The installation guide talks about adapters but if you ask Hive where to get them, they'll tell you they don't exist. At least they did me & many others who have asked.

I put mine on a slimline backbox from Screwfix with knockouts to accommodate the surface wiring. But subsequent research seemed to show that there are knockouts in the Hive backplate. Something I didn't even look at because the guide was banging on about these adapter plates. So have a good look at the backplate for those.

Edit
These may be knockouts & even if not, could be cut to accommodate that surface wire.

View attachment 951651
Their is plenty of space for the one cable so no need for the derctation plate.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom