Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 PS3 Review

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by The News Bot, Feb 20, 2013.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
      News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +446
      He's back, and he's still as angry
      Tying in with the 30th anniversary of the original manga, this sequel feels more like a revised remake in many ways; so little has really changed that the core criticisms of the first are still apt. The shallow combat means it has “fans only” written all over it. If you enjoyed the Hokuto no Ken manga/anime/OVAs though, this basic brawler might have enough content to keep you happy.
      Read the full review...

2. finalfightguy

finalfightguy

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +302
      10 hours in and it's a 5 out of 5 for me! I was unsure after many reviews stated it was inferior to the first game but turns out it's vastly superior in almost every aspect even with the ommission of the excellent CG into from the original.

The story this time around is excellent (if often very bleak) and i'm totally invested in seeing it through to the end. 10 hours in and still finding new combos for Kenshiro and loving every minute.

Swapping out the jump button (still active on rare occasions) for a dodge was a brilliant move and adds depth and the scenary, although still pretty barren, is much more varied than the first game.

I'm a big fan of old school scrolling beat 'em ups such as the Final Fight and Streets of Rage titles and as such Ken's Rage 2 is a real treat and if to those who may dare to disagree 'you are already dead'!

:thumbsup: