Fish market in Abu Dhabi

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was my first visit to Abu Dhabi and it felt to me a bit like a cut down Dubai, which in itself is no bad thing as far as I'm concerned. The fish market is definitely smaller than the one in Dubai, but still worth a visit if you're in the area.

1)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-1
by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-2
by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-3
by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-4
by johnaalex, on Flickr

5)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-5
by johnaalex, on Flickr

6)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-6
by johnaalex, on Flickr

7)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-7
by johnaalex, on Flickr

8)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-8
by johnaalex, on Flickr

9)

Abu Dhabi Fish Market-9
by johnaalex, on Flickr

All comments welcome, thank you.

Interesting set. Really like 8 :)

nice set - 2 stands out but also like 8 and 9

Nice set, #8 is a great capture.

Are all these taken with a d800e? For such an expensive camera, some of these shots are quite poor. I do like number 8 though, but the rest just look like typical holiday snaps.

Are all these taken with a d800e? For such an expensive camera, some of these shots are quite poor. I do like number 8 though, but the rest just look like typical holiday snaps.

No argument here.

Where's that Disagree Button Gone ? ;)

Where's that Disagree Button Gone ? ;)
You would disagree.. you comment positively on every johnaalex thread whilst most of the time posting a critic response to anyone else.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. Some shots are good, but there are many are shots I'd expect to see in a typical holiday album taken with a point and shoot, certainly not with a d800e.

I - of course "Disagree" - on both counts - though I do usually find at least a couple of shots from each of John's threads that I like - and his stuff is certainly not my typical holiday snap - wish mine were like some of his ;)

I'd be interested to hear what's so poor about the quality of some though - irrespective of one's personal opinion on "content" - as I've not really noticed any overt quality issues that I can remember - though I don't tend to pixel-peep too often - especially in shot heavy threads :)

Oh and the "disagree button" comment was actually meant to imply that John couldn't find it - though of course I too would also have used it had the daft site controllers not decide to remove it from everyone because of some childish behaviour in another forum area... as usual without consultation or even "discussion" :eek: ;)

I'm not going to go into each individual photo as it's not a specific ria thread, I'm just wholly surprised at the uninspiring composition in many of the shots, shadows with flash and shadows on faces.

Last edited:
For what its worth, I know this thread is not my best work but I posted it because it I felt it was of interest as a subject. As to the point about about the shots being something that could have been taken with a "point and shoot, certainly not with a d800e", I only carry the D800E and a number of lenses. I also state on all my posts "all comments welcome", a bit of good crticism is always useful. Thanks.

And for what it's worth John; I love looking at your pictures; you go to places most of us can only dream of, so I thank you for sharing them with us.

And for what it's worth John; I love looking at your pictures; you go to places most of us can only dream of, so I thank you for sharing them with us.

Thank you for that and just to let you know I am off on another trip this coming Friday :)

So just how far down that Bucket List have you got so far then John ? :devil: :D

So just how far down that Bucket List have you got so far then John ? :devil: :D

Trouble is that I have bloody big bucket with a very long list!

Lucky for you that you've deep pockets as well then :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom